Friday, December 17, 2004

Happy 16th Birthday Caitlin!!

I feel sooooo old - my eldest niece, Caitlin, turns 16 today!!! I am posting her school pic from last year - she has not let me take any more recent photos, getting a little camera shy I guess....

Still working away on Shimmering Mermaid and really loving how she is coming out on Picture This Plus' Fathom lugana :-) It still looks pretty good that I can get this done by the end of the year, especially with taking a week and a half off at the end of the month - cannot wait for that precious stitching time!

I received several orders from Bobbie at Stitching Bits & Bobs today - several items had been on back order for a while, and all but a spool of Kreinik #4 for Lilly of the Woods came in today in one package that felt like Christmas to me! In this treasured package was my long awaited charm pack for Jeannette Douglas' My Stitching Treasures !! Yay!! Also arriving today were two skeins of WDW in Basil for God's Critters (or is it for The Trellis?? - can't recall any longer) by The Workbasket, as well as several charts: Mermaid Heaven by PINN Stitch,Hearts Left Behind by Hester's Needle (to remember by dear Dad),Welcome Stitching Club Part Two by Elizabeth's Designs (neat new sampler!) , Autumn Garden Sampler by Victoria Sampler (with the thread pack) and Quaker Style Friendship Sampler by Samplers and Such (I have become quite attracted to quaker style samplers this year).

A day or two ago, I was happy to receive my monthly thread club pack from Paw Prints Cross Stitch - I am in their monthly Cotton Club - a fun way to add to my stash for only $10 a month! Well, next month it goes to $11 but is still an outstanding deal!! This month I received one full skein each of: Caron Watercolours in Redwood, Caron Wildflowers in Peacock, GAST in Copper, Crescent Colours in Used Brick, WDW inBluecoat Blue and DMC Perle Cotton #5 in 920. There is always a color theme to the monthly packets and this month was brick and blue tones, kinda neat.

And I have to admit this.... I fed my addiction some more today and enjoyed Laurel's Stitchery's 20% off inventory reduction sale, and I picked up a fat eighth of Picture This Plus 28 ct Lugana in Tarnish and Little House Needleworks' Lavender Hill , knocking yet another chart off of my current wish list :-) Love those INS sales! And..... I was visiting the Silkweaver website today, and well, I can never resist shopping over there! I picked up a gorgeous Solo Cashel in great blue shades - one can always use a hand-dyed linen in blue shades, can't one??!! I am soooo weak (and, apparently, now also sooo old!). And, to make it worse, I just went back to the Silkweaver site just now to order a piece of 28 ct Jazlyn in Bone for TW's Harvest Sampler - I better shut my computer off now before I go and visit another INS!!

And, on the sports front..... the NE Patriots are showcased on Monday night football this weekend - so it will be quiet around here on Sunday. And the Red Sox signed Edgar Renteria today for the SS position - that is really cool! Could not be more pleased, except it is sadder to see Orlando Cabrera go than it was to say goodbye to Pedro!! Change is so tough to get used to :-(

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Thanks for the 20% off sale tip! I had an attack of the bad clickie finger and bought some of the Picture This Plus fabric. Can't wait for them to arrive!