Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Resolutions

It is that time - while I do not do this every year, I did have some success with my resolutions last year, so I will give it a go again!


  • #1 - Continue to stay on my low carb diet - allow myself to range up to 40 carbs per day, as long as my weight stays stable. (I had the resolution last year to stay on my diet, and I was successful)

  • #2 - Continue to stitch every day, even if only a small amount (I had this resolution last year, and I was successful)

  • #3 - Say or do something nice for Mike everyday - keep my marriage strong!Bouquet


I have been thinking about purchasing and joining Pam Kellogg's Cupid's Garden Mystery SAL which is followed on the Mystery Bulletin Board. I don't want to use a credit card, though, and the shop selling it doesn't seem to take PayPal :-( Gonna have to give this some real thought....

I am really happy today that the mailman delivered my long-awaited Racing with the Moon DVD. I got it on ebay about a month ago and was getting really concerned about this seller. I loved this movie when I was in college and can't wait to watch it soon!! Anyone else like this neat flick about two young guys enjoying their final days before joining the Marines? I think Sean Penn, Nicolas Cage and Elizabeth McGovern all shine in this one. ...But, I am getting concerned about another ebay seller - it has been weeks, but my Adia, the Garden Fairy chart still isn't here...sigh.

Better news, though, is that Paw Prints Cross Stitch emailed me, and they do have The Fortunate Traveler in stock, so I do get the sale price for that (20% off) - just have to wait a couple of days for the DMC Rayon Floss to come in :-)

And, yet another total breakdown - cannot resist that sale at Stitching Bits & Bobs - if you have not visited the site, please do - great sale with everything 25% off, whether in stock or not, until 9 AM on January 3rd - and no, I do not work for them, just think they do a great job - anyhow, I got L&L's Oh, Christmas Tree chart - have wanted it for so long and just got the impulse to get it now! And... on ebay I got Shepherd's Bush's French Heart Kit for only $15.00! I guess I could make another New Year's Resolution to go on a "stash diet," but I just don't want to, so why bother :-)

No comments: