Wednesday, March 09, 2005

An Upside Down Lily.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.comMike snapped this photo of Lily, our 2 1/2 year old dilute calico persian the other day - sleeping curled up and upside down! Strange girl! But too cute!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comRyan Newman is fastest in testing at Atlanta Motor Speedway! (photo from www.nascar.com)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Q. Do you have a favorite designer (or designers)? If so, who is it and why is he or she your favorite?

A. Now that is an unfair question - how can any stitcher really narrow their favorites down to a list to answer this question? But, I will give it a try, and will enjoy seeing how other stitchers struggle with this one - LOL! I like each and every one of these designers for their style, as varied as that is: *Mirabilia/Nora Corbett, *MLI, *Jeannette Douglas, *Earth Threads/Betsy Stinner, *Patricia Ann Designs, *Brightneedle, *Birds of a Feather, *Chatelaine/Martina Weber, *Just Nan/Nan Caldera, *Shepherd's Bush, *Drawn Thread/Cynthia Zittel, *Moira Blackburn, *The Goode Huswife, *Indigo Rose/Catherine Strickler, *Long Dog Samplers/Judith Line, *Dragon Dreams/Jennifer Aikman-Smith, *Victoria Sampler/Thea Dueck, *Valerie Pfeiffer, *Elizabeth's Designs, *Marjolein Bastin/Lanarte, *Dracolair, *Teresa Wentzler, *Passione Ricamo, *Liz Turner Diehl, *Emie Bishop, *Dreams of Stitches, *Permin of Copenhagen, *Anagram Diffusion, *Michael Powell .....

It is easier, really, to say what I don't like - I am not a fan of simplistic, cutsey designs, Precious Moments, and the like.... I prefer band samplers, fairies, angels, and I really love gardens (of course, because gardening is my other huge hobby)! That brings Chatelaine and Liz Turner Diehl to the front in that category! But, for me, I really just do not have one favorite.... kinda like ice cream - LOL!!


So, anyhow.... yet another big snowstorm yesterday and last night - probably the worst yet for us this winter. Mike and I had to plow out over a foot of snow from our driveway today - and the temps ranged from 19 to 22F all day. I bet my crocuses are trying to come up under all the snow in my garden.... and my daffodils are due to start coming up by the end of the month (I am in zone 5.... with this snow, though, we are way behind schedule, and I already fear that it will be a short growing season this year!) - I am tired of asking "when will it ever end?" because now I no longer am sure that it will!

When we finally did get out today, we picked up and then watched
Ladder 49. It was pretty well done, but rather sad for my tastes - wonder what else I could have expected though :-)

Stitched on today: The Orchard and Fairy Flora...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like we have similar dislikes :) I had a hard time stitching up the Precious Moments I just did, it was for charity for Cole's Quilts and I knew i had a lot of PM's from Just Cross Stitch magazine but it wasn't fun to do since i am just not a fan ;)