Wednesday, March 02, 2005

World Champ Red Sox Visit the White House

I will keep my political views to myself - kinda surprised they went all the way to D.C. today with their first spring training game being in Florida tomorrow... what's up with the planning with that? Views aside, I am proud of the guys! (Photo is from www1.whdh.com)
I received my montly fiber order from Stitching Bits and Bobs - I am in their monthly bits group, anything goes, small sized order for $13.00. First off, I am thrilled that this month contained NO Caron Watercolours! Yay! The two fibers clubs I am in usually put a skein in every month and I find them useless - I just sold seven skeins on ebay that came in from these clubs. I did get two skeins of Six Strands Sweets floss, a skein of Crescent Colours floss, a skein of Weeks Dye Works floss, a skein of Caron Waterlilies silk, a skein of GAST Simply Shaker floss, a skein of Rajmahal Art Silk and a bobbin of Glissen Gloss Rainbow blending filament.... good variety! (This month $15.70 in fibers for $13.00....)



Q. "Which do you prefer and why? "Old-fashioned" black and white symbol-only charts, charts with colored blocks, or charts with a combination of colored blocks and symbols?"

A. Well, I really don't know which I prefer. I think I usually just adjust to whatever format a chart comes in. When I stitched a Chatelaine mystery last year (Mystery VI), the files came in color and in black and white. I must admit that I did opt to use the color charts each time. They were easier to read through the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Otherwise, I really have no preference :-)

My mailbox was happy today - along with the aforementioned fiber club that came in today, I also received a little stash of Mill Hill Treasures from ebay that I will need for Lilly of the Woods, and two of my several orders finally came in from Stitching Bits and Bobs (thankfully, because I was starting to get concerned, although one of my older orders is STILL outstanding.... grrr...) - I received, though, so much fun stuff! I got You Were Hatched... by Teresa Wentzler, Elizabethan Garden Sampler by Brightneedle, Haunting Mermaid by Carriage House Samplings, Green Old Gardens by Elizabeth's Designs (Katrina.... do you see this one??), Sentimental Heart Sampler (including cat's eye hearts and pailettes) by Sweetheart Tree, and Love Letters Lessons On Linen, Vol. 1 by Just Nan. Along with all of that came a nice packet of new freebies from Nashville - my favorites amongst them are "Fire & Ice" by Black Swan, "Morning Fairy" by Dragon Dreams, "Renaissance Bookmark" by Teresa Wentzler, and "Fancy Stain Glass" by Dragon Fire Designs! Very exciting!!

Which 70's/80's TV Character Are You?
created with QuizFarm.comHeh, heh... I'm Mel from Alice! Ain't that a kick - can't stop laughing about that one!

Stitched on today: Beneath the Stars at work (got a lot done, will be done very soon now) and Fairy Flora (but, of course!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!!!
Another proud Sox fan here!!!! :)

I just finished a visit to your stitching album once again...you are awesome-did I say that yet?? WOW!!!

I'm a self-confessed "fiber" junkie!!...I should join a monthly club. Your order today was a nice one! And other Goodies to boot! Yep, a good day for you ;)

Have a great Thursday!
hugs :)
BeckySC

Unknown said...

I love the patterns you chose to get, I also got the TW limitted edition at my LNS. I didn't seen if she had any freebies from nashvile, i'll have to ask her tonight, especially since I am a Dragon Dreams fan!