Sunday, July 03, 2005

It is Sunday... and Sunday is Passione Ricamo SAL day. I worked for a while on Miracle Butterfly. I noticed when I first started working on the dress that the shading seemed dark. Today I really noticed how much different the shading is with the DMC than it is on the computer generated photo on the chart. I still like it a lot, but wow, is it much darker than it appears in that photo. Anyhow, it is really cruising along quickly now, and it may well be my next happy dance... we shall see, since it is a Sunday project I don't know for sure how much longer it will take as Sundays are kind of up in the air... sometimes I have tons of free time and other times it is a great day for family events or other adventures... :-) Either way, I don't expect it will take too much longer to finish this one.
I decided to try out this new Gold & Jewels hand dyed fabric that Sugar Maple Fabrics has listed up on ebay right now. It is a fat quarter of 28 ct gold metallic lugana. I know it is likely a little lighter than this in reality, but I still thought it was pretty neat...

Erin and I let the kitties have some supervised play in the front yard for a few minutes today:Here Anouk is playing lioness, hiding under the cover of some daylilies :-)Erin scoops up Angus when it is time to come in.... :-)Daylily: Green Eyes WinkThe Peace rose is much more open today...

Almost forgot! A small ebay win late tonight... The Kiss :-)

Stitched on today: Miracle Butterfly

5 comments:

BeckySC said...

Carol,
Your progress on both pieces looks wonderful! WOW, you made nice progress on Mermaid Heaven! Beautiful!!!

Your kitties and niece are nice looking toooo!!! :) :) :)

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

your rcross stitch looks beautiful. I feel in awe.

I tried to contact you by email but am unable to get through. Should you be so kind to share the seasons pattern, please use email tonova.algarve@mail.telepac.pt.

Thank you in advance.
Barbara Rita
barbara_rita@aeiou.pt

Gill said...

Your Miracle Butterfly is really growing and looks beautiful. My hubby is very keen on this design so I will have to stitch it as well some day. I also love your little mermaid, she is so pretty!

Kathy said...

Hiya Carol

What great progress. I have not done much on my stitching, as i am trying to get my robins done so that I can have a few weeks to do my own stuff lol.

Hopefully will have update for you soon.

hugs xxxxxx

lobea2004 said...

Hi Carol!!
I saw all your progresses. Beautiful!! I love Mermaid Heaven, I should stitch it too!!
And I saw your stash...wow!! I planned to stitch Emma's garden too and I couldn't find the fabric before reading your blog. Thank you!