Sunday, September 18, 2005

Started a new SAL today.... I think I am crazy :-)

I started a new SAL today with Karen and Tannia in Australia - An Open Heart. It has been a while since I have stitched on anything this delicate!! It's a nice change. It took me forever to count and recount to make sure I was starting in the right place on this one :-) And, then it took me a while struggling with my Q-Snaps before I decided it works much better on my scroll. So, now I am off and running. My scanner made this fabric several shades darker than it is in real life - I am using the recommended Cafe Au Lait 34 ct legacy linen. I didn't stitch this for my entire free time today, as I want to also get some more time in on my angel... I heard from Tannia today, and she got a bit done too :-)
...And then I did put in about three hours on Earth Angel too.... a little more of her wing and then more of the floral underneath her... Tomorrow is her regularly scheduled night in my rotation, so let's see how much more I can get done on her then... :-)

Newman wins at Loudon!! Absolutely amazing! It is the first week of the Chase for the Nextel Cup for the top ten drivers, and Ryan Newman won! His first Nextel Cup win of the season, and he took it handedly over Tony Stewart! Good time to finally win, Ryan - and in my state of New Hampshire too! Thank you!!!! Ryan is now all the way up to third in points! (photo is from www.nascar.com). The Red Sox and the Patriots both lost today, so this is even more exciting for me! Now I hope Ryan can hold on to this momentum and make a really good showing in the Chase this year! I know the Patriots and Red Sox will bounce back quickly from today... they knew it was Ryan's day too and didn't want to steal his thunder - LOL!!

I also had a final bid going on ebay for a hand dyed fabric... this time it was for Brianne's Memory belfast from The Blended Needle. It is a fat quarter, and is pretty unique. I have selected it for Fairy Dreams. She has been sitting in my stash for far too long, and I hope to stitch her fairly soon now that I have fabric for her.

Stitched on today: An Open Heart and Earth Angel

Oh no, is it really almost bedtime... and back to work again tomorrow? Sigh.... I hope the tropical storms/hurricanes brewing in the Gulf again stay away from land!! People down there have suffered enough...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check out the new SAL, it is beautiful..don't think you are crazy to start new one...maybe crazy if you don't start one :)

Unknown said...

Looking at the pieces of fabric you have always makes what I'm working with look so cheap and ugly! LOL. I think I've said this before, but I am so looking forward to watching you do Open Heart. :)

Bastet said...

another start? It looks very pretty and will be a nice stitch. I don't think you're crazy....just wonder where you find the time! Earth Angel I noticed almost has her wings done. Can't wait to see next week's update.

Unknown said...

Earth angel is SO close! Great new start as well!

Lelia said...

I was so tempted to buy that very same Drawn Thread design. It is lovely & I will enjoy viewing your progress.

Your stitching is so rapid (I'm a snail) & you will have no difficulty with another SAL ; )

Kathy said...

Ooooo your new SAL looks lovely already, and Earth Angel looks fab, getting excited just watching her grow, looking forward to seeing her finished

Hugs xxxxxx