Sunday, October 02, 2005

Good day for the Red Sox :-)


I really did not feel much like stitching at all today, but I did find some time this evening to work on three of the sixteen flower beds that surround the fountain. The flower beds are a pattern of these three repeating all the way around... I did not do the beading yet. However, I did do the beading as I stitched each part when I did Mystery VI in 2004, and I loved doing it that way... so I probably will end up adding the beading by the end of doing this part this month :-) I am not totally decided yet, but am leaning towards doing it each month. And, my scan is crooked again LOL!

Well, I did a little bit of shopping late last night, early this AM at Stitching Bits & Bobs Autumn Sale... the new October releases are out and I was able to get the two I had been waiting for: Coffee Menu, and finally... Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace.

Today was very fun! OK, the New England Patriots got crushed by the San Diego Chargers at home. Yuck! But, hey, it is OK to lose sometimes, because you just can't win them all... and I would hate for the world to view the Patriots like we view the Yankees! No, no way!!

But... the fun part... Red Sox 10, Yankees 1 - the Red Sox are the AL Wild Card now, and we got in by Cleveland losing, and we knew it by the sixth inning of our game... so both teams took out their starters right away and let the bench guys play for a while :-) Now we have our first game on Tuesday at (gulp) 4 PM (going to have to get out of work early) in Chicago versus the Chicago White Sox... (Cool part - Red Sox and Yankees finished up with identical records this year - must drive them nuts!)

And, oh I love this! Ryan Newman even did well today! He moved up to second in points by coming in fourth at Talladega today! Not a track he usually does well at... he has great momentum right now. He was scored first in points for a while tonight, because of an accident on the last lap (K. Petty) forcing NASCAR to review tape to get the running order... but hey, second place, only four points back from Tony Stewart is still great!

Stitched on today: Medieval Town Mandala

7 comments:

Anne S said...

Crikey, those wee squares are little!! It's coming along beautifully - looks great!

Jenn said...

Great day for the Sox. To bad the Patriots had to go and break their home winning streak. Oh well we will just have to start it again. :)

Bine said...

hi, your MTM looks wonderful. I'm just a few stitches behind you :-)
but I'm still waiting for the Gloriana threads to arrive.... Have you had as well some problems to find out where to place the backstitches?

Kiwi Jo said...

I was really nervous for you and the Red Sox. I'm really looking forward to the post season games.

Oh and Hail to the Redskins!

Svenja said...

MTM looks beautiful so far! I'm having a hard time to overcome the temptation to join the group...

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, MTM looks great so far, tiny squares, lol. You're making wonderful progress on Earth Angel too.

Anonymous said...

I like the small squares. It is so pretty. :) I'm waiting for the happy dance on Earth Angel.