Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pretty Mermaids

Here is this week's progress now on Mermaid Heaven. I am now on the fourth of the eight pages of the chart. The third page was just a tiny bit... the right side of her head, which was a smidge of hair and a couple of flowers... had that done in an hour or so... Mike and I both love how this one is coming along. None of my photos have yet done any justice to this fabric or to these yummy DMC colors. I wonder how Jenn is coming along with hers... we are doing this as a SAL, but she has been quiet for the past week or so with her blog updates... hope she shares some progress soon as I love to drool over hers too :-)

I got this really cute freebie in with some stash I ordered today - it's by Long Dog Samplers. As a cat owner, I am tickled by this one, and might just have to find a little bit of time to devote to it :-) (This pic is from Long Dog's site).

The freebie came in along with this beautiful fat quarter of 28 ct Lagoon Jazlyn by Picture This Plus, and three Crescent Colours flosses I needed for my new Little House Needleworks chart...

My dear friend, Karen K., just surprised me today with a lovely packet of charts - Jingle Bells Christmas Tree Farm (which I already knew was being sent)... and also... The Lineage Sampler and Two Fine Houses - oh, she spoils me so! I don't even know what to say, except, THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND!!

Many of you outside of the US are probably not hearing much, if anything, about the flooding in the northeast. But, it is making the national news. New Hampshire and Massachusetts have been hit hard in many areas. We are safe here in Auburn, NH. Mike and I were out for quite a bit today and saw some areas that were close to having little problems... little streams and the like that were close to running into the roads. Nothing major here. We are near a very big lake, Lake Massabesic, only a mile or so from our house... I do wonder how the roads near it, and the houses near it, are doing... We did not venture in that direction today. At least the nine days of rain have ended now... for a day or so, and perhaps some of the floodwaters in the northeast will recede a bit and real damage can be assessed. As serious as this is, it doesn't hold a candle to Katrina or Rita.... but what wild weather we have been having, everywhere, since the tsunami hit at Christmas time in Asia... terrible.

Stitched on today: Mermaid Heaven

***Ryan Newman moved from -75 points back to -17 points back, but down from second to fourth in points... lots of guys in the Chase did well today... at least Ryan did not crash or spin out at all... good tire management, Ryan! Woo Hoo! Good run! But the Anaheim Angels... dropped another to the White Sox! They are now only one game away from elimination :-(

***************I stayed up a bit later - a terrible habit that has grown out of watching sports and drinking too much coffee.... I watched a bit of the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix and stitched a bit more on the mermaids.... here is how they looked when I finally popped off to bed...

8 comments:

Anne S said...

Pretty Mermaids is looking exquisite! And I like what you did with CW's lettering - gives more emphasis to the letters. I love blogs - I love to watch everyone's progress piccies :-)

Unknown said...

The mermaids are so pretty! What a soft, delicate looking piece.

Kiwi Jo said...

awwww, she's so pretty! I stayed up way too late last night too. You are a bad influence on me!

Jenn said...

Your Mermaid Heaven is looking great. Your right the scans don't do the colors in her justice. I'm getting a little throw by working on it though cuase you don't see some of the finished colors in the pic that you are stitching. Like the green in her hair or the purple in the flowers. So I keep looking at the pattern going. 'is this right!?!' :)

Anonymous said...

The mermaids are looking wonderful! You're moving quickly through this one, as usual. Keep up the great work! :)

Kathy said...

Mermaids looks fab hun, and do your other updates.

Hugs xxxxxx

BeckySC said...

They are looking so great! WONDERFUL progress as always, Carol!
hugs!!

Dawn T. said...

M.H. is looking fantastic!