Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It is finally Christmas! We seem to have gotten it last - most of my pals are as far away as New Zealand and Australia... ranging to Singapore and then Europe :-) At last, my US and Canadian pals, and I, are celebrating too :-) We had a nice day. It was 50F here today, which is unusual. No white knuckle driving in snow storms either to or from Massachusetts this year :-) First we visited Mike's mother and uncle for breakfast, and then we visited my mother and sister for dinner. We are so full! I even used my treadmill for a little bit tonight when we got home LOL! We got to talk to my brother and nieces on Cape Cod, and Roger is doing a little better. He is off the ventilator and now they are attacking his pneumonia. The girls got to see him for a little bit today. Although the prognosis is bleak, it is great to hear he is feeling better and got to see the girls :-) Now we will do a second Christmas later this week sometime when they get back home. It was really strange to spend the holiday without them.
Here is the one and only photo that was taken today... this is from our breakfast visit at Mike's mother's house... I am in the center, my mother in law Madeleine is on the left, and Mike's Uncle Bob is on the right... not a flattering photo of any of us... but the only one that was taken!

I recieved this absolutely gorgeous stocking from my friend Karen K. for Christmas! Is this just the best treat, or what? I think it is Tina's Stocking (??) I love the gardening theme! This is just beautifully finished off with burgundy velveteen as the backing and the gold braid around the edges is tied into a loop at the top for hanging! It arrived perfectly safe all the way from Australia in the same box as all those stunningly framed Just Nan samplers. I am truly spoilt! Oh Karen, you are so wonderful (thanking her personally via email!)... Mike wants one of these too, hint hint! LOL

And, here is the stash that arrived yesterday.... but I was too tired and lazy to post it... Shepherd's Bush's Fair Philomel kit (a Christmas gift for myself), two belfast linens - Silkweaver's Winter Breeze for Mirabilia's Winter Queen and Kiwi Illusions Paua (both from one of my favorite ebay sellers), and silks ordered from Victoria Clayton - the Konini (blue/purple/grey combo) is for Long Dog's Paradigm Lost, and the Dragon Blood (obviously, the very red combo) is for A Love Story by fouroaks designs... nice, aren't they? I love VC Silks!!!!!
I stayed up pretty late tonight working on Angel of Love, primarily thanks to a couple of cups of Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee.... I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine, it really keeps me awake. I worked a bit more on her first wing, and then really got into more of the beading on her skirt. I love this project. All the little designs in her skirt are wonderful for my OCD!

Stitched on today: Angel of Love

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great day Carol. Merry Christmas!!

Bastet said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Glad to hear that roger is doing a little better.
The stocking is very nice, Karen is spoiling you. and of course your stash as always is a treasure to see.
As for non-flattering photos, we all get them, that's usually why I avoid cameras except in certian instances.

Kitty Couture said...

Dear Carol, I'm glad to read that you had a nice, cosy Christmas! And I'm so glad that Roger is better. He remains in my prayer.

I love the photo of the Christmas Breakfast - you are so pretty! :) I don't think that photo is unflattering. It's really lovely to see you well. :o)

Angel of Love is truly stunning, especially on that fabric... Wow!

The stocking is gorgeous, your friend Karen is priceless!!

Unknown said...

OMG Carol, the framed projects from your previous post are so pretty. Fairy Flora is especially stunning! Merry Christmas!

Kiwi Jo said...

I'm so happy that you had a nice Christmas Day and I love the stocking!

Carol said...

I felt guilty enough to exercise yesterday too! Dad was too sick to come over so it was just the three of us and we ate buffet style. Needless to say, I had a bite of this, a bite of that, but more junk than anything including an enormous bowl of Waldorf salad which I love, and chocolate. Thank God for vitamins, lol. Your friend Karen is a keeper! And your Angel of Love is coming along beautifully. Love your choice of fabbie for Winter Queen too. I have her kitted all except for fabbie - I'd love to get her done next year. Have you see her stitched? She's enormous!

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas Carol. Seems like to had to wait ages for you Christmas. I love the Stocking... I have stitched 2, have 2 more to do. Quite soon. You had a great day.

I aquired Fair Philomel this year too, it's going to be a great stitch - yip, I have not started her yet.

Glad to hear that Roger is on the mend too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Boxing Day, Carol. As always your blog was a wonderful read and it was nice to see a pic of you and some of your family. Your Angel of Love is coming along beautifully. She is one I have kitted up for 'sometime'. :-) I have also stitched Fair Philomel...it's wonderfully fun!
Blessings to you and yours...
Julie (djcayemberg@msn.com)

Kiwi Jo said...

Carol - I have been trying out a few VC silks trying to decide on one for PL and guess what? One of them is Konini!! Great minds think alike. It's probably not my number one choice though :)

Cathy said...

I admire you for stitching Angel of Love. I saw the finished product this weekend at my husband's aunt's house. It's HUGE!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That stocking is a true gift of love!