Thursday, December 15, 2005

Turning the corner with Girl with Cat

It was definitely time to work on Girl with Cat tonight, as I had not been able to work on it since the 3rd of November. Tonight I had that moment that comes along when I stitch big projects that I consider to be "turning the corner." It is the point where I am pretty much cruising along and I realize that I am working on an area of the chart that I had once thought was so far away... do you know what I mean? It is that point where the project really starts coming together. That happened for me tonight with Girl with Cat. She now has all of her flesh stitched, except for the part of her leg that will come along soon enough now. I got a lot more of the cat's back done, and I stitched a good amount of the white in her dress, which likely does not show well in this photo. (indeed, I need more practice with my new camera!).

I received a little bit of stash in the mail today... Donna Kooler's Glorious Needlepoint, which has the pretty Colonial Sampler in it that Sharon in Australia helped me to identify recently :-) I don't do needlepoint, but most of the charts in this book are also coded for cross stitch. It's a truly beautiful book.

Don't forget to grab your Christmas Surprise 2005 from Dragon Dreams' newsletter ASAP!!! Jennifer will be taking this chart off her site on Saturday morning - it's a super cutie, grab it while you can! LOL!!

Wintry weather is heading our way... again. Another long weekend for me. Tomorrow was not scheduled to be a busy day for me, and my clients were all highly receptive to rescheduling to a different day. I get to relax and stitch - probably on Girl with Cat again!

Oh, I really want to thank many of you stitchers who have been sending Christmas cards to Mike and I. You are all so thoughtful - and to those who sent gifts, you just amaze me!! (I prefer to thank you personally than here)...

And... congratulations to Randal, Donald Trump's newest 'Apprentice' - he got my vote :-)

Stitched on today: Girl with Cat

5 comments:

Juanita said...

Your girl with a cat is coming along nicely! I know exactly what you mean about 'turning a corner' on a project. You stitch and stitch and the next thing you know, you're in the home stretch.

Anna van Schurman said...

I love that aha! moment in stitching. The point where the little blobs of color become something.

Schokti said...

Great progress, Carol! This one really is coming along nicely. Thanks for the heads up on the DD pattern - it is cute. Are you planning on trying out a limerick?

Kathy said...

Wow it is beautiful well done hun. I know what you mean about turning a corner lol. I just hope that happens for me once I get back into The Mighty Samurai again.

Hugs xxxxxx

Bastet said...

First of all thanks for the heads up on the DD freebie, you're right it's a cutie. Super work on Girl with Cat. She's really coming together now.