Monday, January 09, 2006

Mystery IX Part 1 Done

I finished the backstitch, so that completes it. I couldn't do the beading tonight, though. There is no Nymo in my kit. I don't know if there should be any. Last time I bought a Mystery kit from European Cross Stitch (Mystery VI), they included the Nymo. I guess I need to search my stash or find somewhere to buy some. I think I have white, but not clear... ooops - well, no need to bead right now anyhow :-) Whew, it is done!

I got in a couple of fabric treats from ebay today... Gnome on 28 ct Jubilee by Sugar Maple Fabrics and Northern Lights on 32 ct lugana by Heaven Lee Creations. Lousy picture, pretty fabrics :-)

Thank you to everyone for their kind comments on my recent framings - I agree, I like them too. Believe it or not, we haven't hung any yet - not these three, not the four from before Christmas... and not two of the ones Karen's husband framed for me either. It is really time for Mike and I to get to it, isn't it? LOL

Stitched on today: Mystery IX... and since I had a bit of free time with MIX being kind of a short stitch tonight, I put about 90 minutes in on A Christmas Spirit before I went to bed (no update pic)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mystery IX looks great. And yes, maybe it is time you hang those frames ;-) Ann.

cathymk said...

Carol, congratulations on your part one finish - it looks gorgeous.

I have framed pieces all around the house that we haven't hung yet.

Kathy said...

Hi Carol

Wow that is georgeous, looking forward to seeing part 2

Hugs xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well done on finishing part one. There's definitely a lot in the first section. I've never done one before, but I would like to one day.
Don't worry about not hanging your pictures, my Mum has 3 from Easter last year, still packaged and in the wardrobe in my bedroom back at home.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your part 1 finish! It sure does look like a lot of work!

Looks like that Green Old Gardens pattern is going to get a workout, someone I work with who also stitches loves the finished piece and may stitch it next!

mainely stitching said...

We are terrible about hanging anything. After 4 1/2 years here, we have two pictures on the wall....

My Life In Stitches said...

Part One of MysteryIX looks great. Look forward to seeing the progress. How many parts are there to this mystery?
Happy stitching,
Annette

Shelleen said...

Mystery IX looks great.

BeckySC said...

It looks wonderful, Carol!

Juanita said...

Your Mystery is looking good!

You still haven't hung all your newly framed pieces... did I mention that I have some extra wall space? LOL

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol Mystery IX looks wonderful and worth the work. Hmmm I always got Nymo with my kits... I'd get in touch with European XS and see if that's changed.

Sasha Farina said...

goodness... all your framed pieces are gorgeous!!! and i like your Mystery too!! well done Carol.

Schokti said...

Great job on Mystery IX - looks like a "heavy" piece. Your framed pieces look awesome! Great job!