Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mental Health Day

No snow north of Boston today, and even after hearing the change in the forecast I just knew that today was going to be a day to have a "mental health day." I have been hearing way too much trauma from my clients lately - I stayed home and didn't deal with any trauma at all :-)

First my stitching for the day.... you would think that with a day off I would have been able to stitch my heart out... well, no. It took me forever to get into the groove and actually pick up a needle and stitch. I kept finding reasons not to, but I don't know why. But around 7:30 or so, I did get going... here is what I did...

I just got a new truck today - I got a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and it is a very bright silver color. We traded in my 2004 Grand Cherokee (which was dark blue) - I loved my old truck, but it had almost 48,000 miles on it already! The new one is really quite nice! This picture is from Jeep's website... getting too dark here right now to take a photo of my own Jeep. Ohhh, and "it's a hemi" - I can just hear that commercial in my head now! LOL
And... for those who had asked what Mike traded his pretty Corvette for... here it is... he got the Chrysler 300c SRT8... (that's not my yard - LOL! This pic is from Chrysler's website... I think that's his color... dark pearl gray)

Welcome back Manny!! Manny Ramirez arrived at Spring Training in Florida yesterday and will play in the first spring training game tonight - looking a bit wild with the hair and goatee... but that's "Manny, being Manny" - just can't be Manny without any drama - LOL! Seriously, welcome back!

I fear that Karen isn't going to be too thrilled with this photo! She made this quilt for me for my birthday last year. She is more of a dog lover than a cat lover.... I just found my Lily sound asleep on the quilt. Sorry Karen! Lily has good taste!! So cute, though, that I had to share :-)

And, not to leave Beau out either!! He was right next to her on the sofa... but had to settle for the snowman throw and the newspaper - Lily was not in the mood to share!!

Stitched on today: Mystery IX

16 comments:

Dawn T. said...

The new vehicles are both very pretty! Congrats. :)

BeckySC said...

Congrats on your new ride, Carol! It's really nice!

Your progress from yesterday looks great! As does GSS!

BTW-I was able to get the first issue.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

OOOHHHH, Allen would be jealous..he loves getting new cars.

Great progress on M9...I can't wait to see what will eventually go into those triangles.

And of course...what is baseball without a little drama:) Hopefully this year will be better for both the Sox and the Os. I am jealous that my dad is going to FLA for spring training.

Annemarie said...

Great wheels, Carol! Don't know who Manny is and why he's been away from whatever it is he does, but welcome back from me too :o)

Jenn said...

Both cars look nice Carol.

I saw Manny last night on the news. Love the hair *giggle* :) He's taking Johnny's place in the outfield with the long hair.

Von said...

Ooooo, new car smell - lovely!! Congrats, Carol!

Anonymous said...

Your new truck looks lovely Carol. I only have 57,000 miles on the clock and it's 14 years old, mind you it was (still is really) Mum's car and she only drove it to work, I use it a lot ;)

Stitching looks great.

Kitty Couture said...

Aw aw awwww... Lili is sooo adorable! Give her a big hug for me! (if she likes hugs, that is!) Beau is very beau as well ;)

Karen's Blog said...

Yes, I did notice who was looking very comfortable on the quilt:)The kitty cat has great taste:)

The car is gorgeous Carol and so is Mystery IX:)

Sylvie said...

Lili is adorable (and so is Beau), but I spent a few time to find her head LOL

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new car :) Gotta have that four wheel drive around here :)

I sent in my Celebrations registration finally yesterday, i will post about it shortly ;)

mainely stitching said...

Mental health day - what a great idea! After a week of school vacation with all three kids at home, I think I'm going to try for one next week. :-)

Congrats on your new wheels!

Mel in Dubai said...

Nice wheels, Carol :)

M9 is coming along nicely too!

Judith said...

The new cars look fantastic.
M9 is going great.
Those kitties look like they have found a very good spot to sleep.

Dani - tkdchick said...

But Carol, cats think Quilts are made just for them... you can ask my boys!

The Sampler Girl said...

Woo hoo - Manny! He's a fav but Nixon is my top fav. DH is from MA so he is responsible for my love of the Red Sox :)
Stitch happy!