Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Mermaids of the Deep Blue Update

At long last, I have an update on Mermaids of the Deep Blue. I am so happy to have found a chance to work on this one again. The ladies are really starting to grow now! I think I might stick with it again tomorrow!!

I've recently been hearing from various different stitchers who like to stitch "in hand" that, well... they are trying to convert me, and ultimately presenting their case as if my preference for using a Q-Snap is inferior or bad, or something like that... tongue clicking, head shaking... Heck, truth be told, I do sometimes stitch in hand (ie, Emerald Jeweled Garden and Winter Into Spring were both stitched in hand). But, my stitches are so incredibly neat and tidy when I use a Q-Snap. So, please don't try to convert me. This reminds me of my low carb diet - why do non-dieters want to sabotage the success of dieters? Anyhow, I don't take any of it personally and am happy to laugh about it all... but, give it up, I like my various methods - be it Q-Snap, scroll bar or in hand... thanks :-)

Stitched on today: Mermaids of the Deep Blue

13 comments:

Nia said...

Those ladies are looking lovely Carol :)

I have Shimmering Mermaid 'started' if you can call it that...might have to get her out again.....the weekend perhaps...

Blessings
Tannia

Margo's Musings said...

Hi, Carol, your mermaids are lovely! Congrats on your jeweled garden finish - those LTD jeweled gardens are just incredible. I have added them to the must-do list.

I'm glad you shrugged off the comments you received about the virtues of stitching in hand vs. with Q-snaps. I think that we all do stitching for pleasure - so if it makes you happy to do one vs. the other, you should stick with what you personally enjoy.

Happy stitching, Margaret in Maryland

Annemarie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels obliged to try another method of stitching because other people say 'it's better'. As you know, I'm an in-hand stitcher, and any attempts to convert me have failed miserably! We should all stitch exactly as we like it!

LivnLaf said...

That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. :-)

Mel in Dubai said...

The mermaids are beautiful, Carol :)

Stitch however you like! I'm stitching St Georges in hand but for my other WIPs I use my Q-snaps. It's whatever I'm comfortable with :)

Robin said...

Hi Carol! Your stitching is lovely as usual. Wish I could stay on a diet long enough to be tempted by others! First day of diet. Hey want to go get a hot fudge sundae? Yes! Wait a minute didn't you start a diet today? Ummm.. Nooooo!
Anywhoo stitch the way you like. Everybody has their own preferences. If you really want to be "advised" stitch on mostly Aida like I do. Wow the comments you hear. Its supposed to be fun! It won't be fun for me if I get a headache from straining to see. (I get headaches from using the magnifier too.) So enjoy!
Robin

Jenn L in Chicago said...

The Mermaids are looking beautiful!

And do please ignore those who want to change the way you stitch. (just as I've found I have to stay out of the office kitchen completely on Tuesdays... we have a student chef and she keeps bringing in classwork... LOL)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What lovely ladies, Carol. They are looking great.

Congrats too on finishing your jeweled garden. Liz does such pretty pieces and I am hoping that I will get into her class at CATS in September.

My Life In Stitches said...

The mermaids look great. I love them. Have them somewhere here to stitch one day. I also love your recent finish the Emerald Jeweled Garden and look forward to seeing the next two, Sapphire Jeweled Garden and Ruby Jeweled Garden. The three are the birthstones for me, DH and DD. :0)
BTW, JMHO, but stitch how you like...it's your hobby and you should be doing how you enjoy.

Judith said...

Congrats on finishing your LTD.
Your ladies are looking beautifull.

Kathy said...

Wow well done on your Happy Dance Carol.

Mermaids look fantastic. I haven't touched mine for a while, but hoping to get cracking soon.

hugs xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Love the Mermaids! and congrats on MTM this month.

I finished up Going To Market as I'd hoped this weekend and working a little on Mini Cottages II :) Ready for Kingdom Sampler whenever you are!

Von said...

Hi Carol,
Lovely to see the Mermaids again. :)