Thursday, May 25, 2006

Perseverance

I did spend a lot of time today trying to decide between working on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow (Thursday SAL) or Medieval Town Mandala. HOHRH had great appeal, yet finishing MTM Part 8 soon had more appeal in the end. I am glad I did decide to persevere. I am down to the backstitching and more than half done with that now... maybe tomorrow, barring any emergencies, will bring a finish.

catandturtle, you asked who the designer is for Women of the Mayflower... it is Sarah Ullman, who is now, sadly, deceased. The chart is available in the Spring 2004 issue of Fine Lines magazine...which is still available here :-) I am still tossing around which fabric I am going to use for this sampler... I really, really want to use 36 ct, but my 36 ct Relic by PTP is not in yet.... sigh...

Finally... I am on break for the next four days! What a rough couple of weeks with the flood, the ruined office... time for a break!

Stitched on today: Medieval Town Mandala
***My thoughts and prayers go out tonight to "M" and her family. "M's" adult son passed away earlier this week in a diving accident on the day he returned from deployment in Iraq. This is a very sad day.

3 comments:

lena-lou said...

You are doing so well with MTM I think I would have abandoned it:-) but it is definately worth you sticking to it. I hope you enjoy your 4 days off and de stress a bit about the office situation. We have Whitsun bank holiday on Monday in UK so a long weekend for us too...

Nicki said...

You can do it Carol! Only a bit more to go and then you're three-quarters of the way round the houses and just the final leg to go :)

I'm sorry about M's son - how awful to have him home and then have that happen.

Bine said...

Oh Carol, I was sad reading your note about M's son. It's unbelievable...his family beeing happy that he comes home healthy and than happening something awful like that...