Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Slowly making more MTM progress

As I promised myself, MTM is back tonight. My two nights of SAL commitments have passed, and therefore it is MTM time again. I might skip HOHRH tomorrow and stick with this, but I am not sure. I finished the cross stitches by filling in the final black windows, then did quite a bit of backstitching and some specialty stitches... and the beat goes on....

Q. What is your favorite specialty stitch? Which one is your least favorite? Why?

A. I know we just had this question a few months ago. I was the one who had submitted it then... but OK, will answer again, but I think it is the same response. I love rhodes, jessicas, eyelets, norwich stitches.... such stitches with a fun counting rhythm to them. I very much dislike bullion knots. The reason is simple - I've never been able to get them to look right. I need a ton of practice. Betsy Stinner did a good teaching presentation on them in her class earlier this month at Celebrations, so I think if I follow her steps and practice for a bit, I can do them now...

I had to work at my office in Haverhill today for the first time since I took the photo in my blog... yuck! The furniture is dry but needs a cleaning. The landlord did not put new ceiling tiles in yet, so what you see up there is thoroughly disgusting. I refused to let any of my clients sit under that part today. And, the stench! I used Orange Pledge on my coffee table and end tables several times today just to make the room smell better. I had to drop a note to ask the landlord when he planned to finally resolve this. And the search for a new office goes on...

Stitched on today: A surprise while at work, which I just cannot share here (wink) and Medieval Town Mandala

8 comments:

Mel in Dubai said...

You are so good to stick to your rotation, Carol! MTM is looking fabulous - I REALLY need to get back to mine, but I'm just having so much fun with other projects right now!

Nia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nia said...

Carol MTM is looking gorgeous...I've yet to stitch a Chatelaine although I desperately want to!

I find it difficult to stick to a rotation as well..I prefer to call mine the 'screaming rotation' - whatever piece screams at me the loudest...wins!

Blessings
Tannia

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that Garden Spot looks amazing! To see it all like that - you have really made great progress!

Have a great LONG weekend!

mainely stitching said...

I guess the office spot in the professional medical building didn't work out? You know, you don't have to pay rent when you haven't got a ceiling (at least under Maine rental law). You might check that out - no income might just motivate that lazy landlord of yours to get things fixed.

MTM looks fabulous!

Running Kiwi said...

Wow - you have the patience of a saint, I would have been bored silly with MTM by now ... not to say it doesn't look wonderful, because it does!

Hope you get a new office sorted out!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in finding a new office. Ann.

Kitty Couture said...

Still no news about a new office, then? :o( I do hope it all gets sorted out soon, Carol. Enjoy your long weekend! :)