Monday, June 05, 2006

Kingdom Sampler, a new SAL start

Tonight, Nikki and I started a new SAL, Kingdom Sampler by Dragon Dreams. Nikki has been waiting a long time for me to find time to start this, and I want to thank her for her patience :-) Some of you may recall that Nikki and I stitched Legends of the Dragons together last year. It was so much fun, and I am looking forward to the joys this SAL will bring. I wonder where Nikki started on her sampler? Last year, we started in very different places. I wonder if we did that again this time. I got most of the dragon done tonight... though right now he just looks like a blob - LOL!! Anyhow... this SAL will be on Mondays now, and I am using 28 ct Cafe Mocha Country French Linen for mine.

I was really sad tonight to read in Jenn's Dragon Dreams June Newsletter that she has begun to have feelings lately of wanting to quit designing. She has decided to continue, but I am worried. I would so hate to see her retire!

Stitched on today: Quaker Garden and Kingdom Sampler

8 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

You're off to a great start! Lovely fabric too :)

Unknown said...

great start Carol.

message to Drema, just the White Christmas and not the Royal holiday, got a bit confused with what I was ordering. Thanks for your help

Unknown said...

What a great start Carol. I don't go onto dragon dreams much, but it would be sad if she did retire.

Unknown said...

We did it again - I started all the way on the left :) I can't wait to stitch the castle and i'll probably save the dragon for closer to the end to keep me inspired!

I'm so glad we started this up!

Annemarie said...

I just had a look at the big piccure of the Kingdom Sampler, and I love it! Your dragon already looks very much like a dragon to me!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol, that's a new beautiful start and Jen's stuff is so fun!

Joyce said...

Your new piece is looking like something neat already. How many pieces do you have going at once? I know you use a rotation, but I think you have more than 7 pieces for 7 days in a week! As always, I'm amazed and impressed!

Jenn said...

Kingdome Sampler is so cute Carol! I've not seen this one before.