Friday, November 17, 2006

The Mermaid and the Sea

I spent a while today working on the gift I started last night - it is belated and has a long way to travel, so I want to get it done. That included trips to a couple of crafts stores on my way home from work this afternoon to get just the right finishing materials. I will get it done this weekend, as I made a lot of progress. When I put that aside tonight to start my regular stitching, I easily talked myself out of Mystery IX. I wasn't in the mood to spend all the necessary time to remount it on the big Q-Snaps. So, I dug out The Mermaid and the Sea, which hasn't had any attention in about a month now. I just love stitching this one. I started on the border in the corner tonight, and realized it is not a tedious border at all.. which is good, because there is a lot of border that will need to eventually be stitched on this one.

I forgot yesterday to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who commented and emailed me about the By the Bay Needlearts freebie that I was looking for it. I have it now! Boy, did I get a lot of help from you ladies - thank you!!! If I can ever help you, please let me know!! Thank you also for the lovely comments on the Peppermint Rose fob :-) The chart was a GWP (gift with purchase) from CATS - directly from Nan who was a guest in Silver Needle's booth. It's not a freebie chart, but maybe it can still be obtained through Silver Needle? I got a few emails already asking about it.

Ever wonder who reads your blog? I sure do! It seems that new people keep popping up daily now.

Oh, I still have the following fabrics available for sale - $1.50 each for shipping in the US :-) Thanks!

Zweigart 32 ct Dark Teal Belfast, 14" x 19", $7.50
Zweigart 32 ct Mulberry Belfast (discontinued), 13.5" x 18", $7.50
Zweigart 32 ct Willow Green Belfast, 18" x 27", $12
Wichelt 18 ct Twilight Blue linen, 14" x 18" (great for Shepherd's Bush), $8.00 -sold
Zweigart 28 ct Steel Grey Cashel linen, 18" x 27", $12
Zweigart 25 ct Bone Lugana (great for HAED), 18" x 27.5", $12 -sold

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift, and The Mermaid and the Sea

13 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Carol, I love this project! It's so fun and whimsical!

Annemarie said...

I just LOVE the Mermaid and the Sea!!! Wow, what a great design. And great stitching too. Tedious borders eh? I'm not too fond of those either.

Heather said...

That is a really neat chart, I've never seen that one before. These "older" style of charts are all new to me. They are so fun :D

lobea2004 said...

Nice to see this project, Carol.
I saw your post and thanks but you should not have sent a birthday gift! You're always so sweet!

Katrina said...

Carol, I love mermaid themed pieces and this one is gorgeous.

Barb said...

Great progress on it. I love seeing it come together!

Joanie said...

Nice project, I love it!

Hey, I'd like the 18ct Twilight Blue linen if you still have it. Could you email me? Thanks!

Rachel V said...

Mermaid is looking super, Carol! I love this design... it's really different and the colors are beautiful. Can't wait to see your finished gift.

Anonymous said...

Your mermaid looks just fantastic! She is so pretty:)

Michelle said...

I love the fabric you're stitching this on. And you can't go wrong with stitching mermaids! Beautiful!

Anne S said...

Your mermaids are coming along beautifully - it looks gorgeous on that fabric :)

stitcherw said...

Mermaid is so pretty, the fabric is perfect for it.
Sue

Amy said...

Thank you for putting me on your side of favourites list. I LOVE your stitching you do BIG STITCHING!!!!!
P.S. I love your blog