Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finally Finished Part 3

Yay! I finally muddled through Part 3 of Bordeaux Sampler tonight. And now, on to Part 4! There are seven parts to this sampler, so this band now is officially the middle of the whole project, and that in and of itself is a bit of milestone :-)

I heard from Becky today that she received my birthday gifts for her - yay! I sent her quite a few gifts, as I am her Birthday/Christmas Club exchange person. I didn't photograph all of her gifts, but they can be seen in her blog. I did, however, take a photo of the biscornu that I stitched for her. It was my very first biscornu and I loved every minute of making it. What a fun item to make! I am glad Becky likes her gifts - she deserves them for all that she does for all of us!
February Quaker Biscornu
The Workbasket
36 ct Cream Edinburgh Linen
DMC Color Variations #4210, Radiant Ruby
Stitched 2/7/07 - 2/10/07
*************************************************

It appears that we did get about 8-9" of snow today, although it took a bit of time to actually get going today. Tomorrow's commute promises to be a bit slippery, so I will time my commute according to the weather. The good news is that a milder weather pattern is now forecasted for the middle of next week - yes!

********************************************************

Stitched on today: Finished a gift, and Bordeaux Sampler
*******************************************************


***************Jen, (ollie1976)- if you see this, please email me at carolsutcliffe@comcast.net about the fabric you want - you didn't leave an email address for me - thanks!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job on Becky's gift! I'll go look at the other goodies you sent her.
We got about 5" of snow, with lots of icy and yucky stuff. The guys were home today. Take caution tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, Carol...I am still overwhelmed :)I love everything you sent to me :) The Biscornu is gorgeous!!

Congratulations on finishing part 3 :)

(((hugs)))
BeckySC

Anonymous said...

The biscornu you made for Becky is gorgeous Carol - congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gifts for Becky and the biscornu is indeed gorgeous! Congratulations on your progress too. Ann.

mainely stitching said...

Beautiful biscornu for Becky. And what a wonderful assortment of gifts!!! (I saw them over on her blog.)

Congrats with your progress on BS. It really looks gorgeous!

Susimac said...

What a lovely biscornu you have made for Becky - I'm attempting my first one too.

Annemarie said...

LOVE the biscornu, Carol. As always, a perfect finish!
Congratulations on reaching the middle of the Bordeaux Sampler. That's quite a feat, I think!
Drive carefully!

Chiara said...

Congrats on finishing part 3!!The biscornu is lovely :o)

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job on the biscornu! It looks amazing :)

Jenn said...

The biscornu that you did for Becky is so pretty.

Wow you guys got a lot of snow. we got about 2" then freezing rain the rest of the day.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your Biscornu is beautiful Carol! You amaze me! I bet Becky loved are your gifts :)

The Vinter's Sampler is looking gorgeous as usual :)

Anonymous said...

I love the grape clusters in the new band you've started!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing part 3!!!! that is just awesome :)
and the biscornu is so lovely! I have yet to make one too.
Have a wonderful snowy day today!

Kiwi Jo said...

wow Carol - you are becoming quite the expert finisher! The biscornu looks great.

Stitch Wizard said...

Wow, I just love the little biscornu that you made! It is awesome!! Debby :)

Karoline said...

The biscornu is gorgeous Carol, congratulations. Bordeaux Sampler is looking gorgeous

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hi Carol congrats on reaching a milestone in your project, the 1/2 way point! Its all downhill from here as they say!

Another beautiful biscornu!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol...Your Bordeaux sampler looks GREAT! I am no further than my last picture, but I'm hoping this weekend.
Becky's gift is lovely too!
Blessings,
Julie

Sharon said...

Carol, your biscornu is gorgeous! Beautiful job!

Karen's Blog said...

Carol, teh biscornu is really lovely. Well do. I need to try one soon myself:)

lena-lou said...

Brilliant job with the Biscornu, it really looks great!

Well done :-) I have to make on yet myself :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous biscornu! I have signed up for the Biscornu exchange too, so now I will get to try my hand at one. Your Bordeaux is looking amazing too - great job getting to the middle!!

stitcherw said...

You did a great job on the Biscornu, very pretty. These look so fun to do. I haven't done one yet, but it is on my list of things I want to do this year.
Sue

Carrie said...

Carol, I love your Biscournu...
I am working on finishing one myself. I got some instructions on how to do it and will be attempting it this weekend. Where did you get the design for it...don't think I have ever seen that pattern from Workbasket....