Saturday, February 10, 2007

I have such great friends!

For at least this month, Saturdays is And A Forest Grew night. Tonight I finished what I could on the verse, and I have now moved on to Section 5 of the chart. There are two more lines to this verse (the grammar of which makes me a little nutty - is this a quote from someone, or did Karen Kluba write it - anyone know?), but will have to wait until Section 10 to add anymore of it now.
As the title of my post says, I have such lovely friends! I received an enormous box of gifts in the mail from Belgium! Ann is a regular reader of my blog, but Ann is not (yet) a blogger - I hope we can convert her! She is always there to leave such lovely, wonderful and supportive comments in my blog. Ann wrote that she wanted to do her own version of PIF, and so... here are a whole ton of gifts, most of them Christmas themed, and all wonderful! I adore the holiday needlebook she stitched up for my collection! Thank you so much Ann!!

And... a surprise from Toni today too! I am utterly gobsmacked here too! Toni had contacted me about having the silk pack for Drawn Thread's Three Friends, and she wanted to pass it on to me. I offered to pay for it, and that was all set.... so, when I opened the envelope, I was overwhelmed! Toni very generously also sent me St. Peter's Fair kit by Shepherd's Bush as a gift!!! She had seen it on my wish list, and now I have it from this wonderful lady! Toni, thank you so very much - I owe you one, girl!
********************************************************
Has anyone seen the gorgeous stitcher's purse by The Cat's Whiskers in the April 2007 issue of Just Cross Stitch??!! Oh no, I am pulled in! I will definitely be stitching this one!
********************************************************
Stitched on today: Finished a gift, and And A Forest Grew


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, lucky you! You do have great friends! :D

Anonymous said...

Carol,

the quote is a bible verse from Genesis. http://bible.cc/genesis/2-9.htm

It's looking good! Man you are a fast stitcher!

XXXX
Cari

Judith said...

Barnabee from yesterday looks great, but a forest grew is just beautifull.
And wow you have been spoiled a lot.

Rachael said...

Great gifts- packages are so much fun both to send and receive!

mainely stitching said...

Of course you have great friends, Carol - you ARE a great friend! Beautiful gifts! :)

I love watching AAFG grow.

Trixie said...

Lotsa pretty things Carol, I imagine you can't wait to play with them all. :o)

I was looking at the new JCS today, but I hafta say I fell in love with that rooster from the last issue. And I'm not really a country-type fan. I just think he's so adorable. :o)

Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts! I love the forest!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet words and I am glad you like it :-) Enjoy. Ann.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your forest is looking fantastic!! I love those trees.

What wonderful friends you have...those are some great gifts. I just got St. Peter's Fair recently too. It is pretty.

stitcherw said...

What wonderful surprises to get in the mail. Mail surprises are always such fun. Forest is looking great as always, I really like all the tree styles in this one. I can't believe how fast you stitch, each of your projects seems to grow so quickly.
Sue

Anita said...

You have some great friends and precious gifts. The forest piece is coming along great as well.
I like your fob ideas a lot as well.

Unknown said...

I just preordered the bag by Cats Whiskers (that I think you're talking about) this morning from SB&Bs. I saw it on their Nashville page and had to have it! I cannot wait to get my hands on that pattern.

lena-lou said...

Wow, this stitching has grown so much since I last looked properly at it...go you ! I am glad you have been sent such nice gifts from your friends, they will cheer up any winter day :-) The SB one is one I love, I will be at your blog watching daily progress when you start that one!!
Enjoy your Sunday

Jenn said...

What great friends you have Carol! What great supprises. AAFG is looking great. I'm off to see if I can find the Cat's Whiskers item your talking about. I've not seen it yet.

Kathy said...

Oooooo that is lovely.

What lovely friends you have hun, they are gorgeous gifts.

Hugs xxxx

Von said...

What a wonderful gift from a sweet friend!
The Cat's Whiskers has some awesome new designs - have you seen the Peacock Stitching Chair? So innovative!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I am so shocked at how much you get done...I know I keep saying that...but my goodness!!! GIRLFRIEND you are a seriously fast stitcher! :)

Rachel V said...

Carol, how nice for you!

Forest is a STUNNER!

Chiara said...

The gift you received are lovely... you deserve the...you are a great friend :o)

Anonymous said...

Such lovelies you have received; how wonderful! And your forest just keep growing and growing. You are moving through this one very nicely. Can you post a link to where you saw a preview of Janie's design that's going to be in Just Cross Stitch? Thx. :)

Anonymous said...

Great gifts, you lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, any chance of you posting a piccie of the preview?? We don't get JCS down here (at least not in any stores I've seen in my vicinity anyway - only the UK Cross Stitcher mags etc), and seeing how much I've fallen in love with the latest Cats Whiskers designs, I'd love to see this one too!

What fantastic gifts you've received recently - you're very lucky, and very very deserving! I for one have been on the receiving end of your generosity this week (yet again), so it's wonderful to see you receive such gorgeous gifts in return :D

Your Barnabee's Quest is looking stunning too - yet another beautiful project that's getting more and more beautiful every week :)

Kitty Couture said...

Fantastic gifties!! Ann is such a special, special lady. I mean that with all my heart.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What fantastic gifts! You must of felt so spoilt!