Monday, March 19, 2007

BEAUTIFUL PIF from Dawn!

It looks like I didn't work on HOHRH last week... I must have been working on Rachael's RR that night. I got back to it tonight, and finished all of House 2 now except for half of the border still needs to be finished - next week, for sure! One more block, and I will finally be half way done!
I just received this beautiful PIF gift from Dawn today! I love it! She sent me this wee little flat fold - and it looks so much like my Angus!! And, her work is just beautiful! Dawn also sent me a pretty pattern by Hearthside and a skein of some very pretty Ocean silk by Vikki Clayton! Thank you so much Dawn!!
**********************************************************
Also, thank you all for your kind words regarding Pookie. I let my Mom know how sweet you all have been. She is taking this in stride, has lost many pets over her 69 years of life... but now her house is empty, except for herself, for the first time ever. I am a little worried, despite her bravado. She says she will get another cat "someday," and knowing my brother a little red cat will show up there sooner than later! I just know him!!
Stitched on today: Stitched on an exchange, and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

19 comments:

mrsfroggie1970 said...

I'm not sure what PIF means but wanted to say that I loved the houses. I've done quite a few houses in my time. I'm not sure what attracts me to them except that I like to see the structure emerging.

Anonymous said...

Carol-so many house designs lately! I really like the Houses of Hawk Run-it looks great!
I meant to tell you I felt for your mom about her/your pretty Pookie. My mom lost her last pet, a dog in 2005. She would like another pet, but she has a lot to do in her house first and get herself stronger too.
Dawn did a lovely job on the little fold. : )

mainely stitching said...

That's a lovely gift from Dawn! How cute!! And HoHRH looks great. I love this project. (I seem to say that about a lot of your projects, have you noticed? LOL!)

Your mom's empty house sounds so sad. I hope your brother will drop off a kitty soon. We had a pet free house for a couple of years because of my allergies, but I couldn't stand it! I'd rather be stuffed up and sneezing...

stitcherw said...

What a lovely PIF surprise to get, the little Britty Kitty pattern turned out adorable done that way. Houses is looking good. That one is so large, I can't imagine ever getting one finished of that size, you are so focused on your rotation.

I hope another little cat needing a home makes its way over to your mothers, an empty house can be so lonely. A little furry body to take care of and to snuggle with can make a lot of difference.
Sue

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That's a lovely PIF gift...you lucky girl :)
And your HoHRH is just splendid...I get so jealous looking at all your progress Carol! LOL!
1 more block then 1/2 way...that is a great achievement!

Wendy said...

Lovely PIF gift from Dawn, and with the kitty very appropriate for you too!

You've almost finished a block on HOHRH - that's huge!

Lelia said...

what a nice gift from Dawn! Good progress on HoHRH : )

Kajsa said...

HoHRH is really progressing nicely! It must feel strange for your mom to have an empty house now. You do really get used to having your pets around, they are such good company.

Dawns stitching gifts are lovely!

Unknown said...

Houses look great, but I love your PIF, it's stunning.

You mentioned your brother might be getting a red cat, it's quite funny to hear it being called red. Over here they're ginger.

Anonymous said...

Dawn outdid herself. What a lovely flatfold!

Karoline said...

HoHRH is looking gorgeous Carol, great progress. The flat-fold is gorgeous

Michelle said...

Cure flatfold! That Ocean silk looks yummy too. Great progress on your HOHRH...it is coming along fast!

Dawn T. said...

Your HoHRh looks wonderful!

I'm so glad that you liked the flat fold. :)

Hazel said...

Wow what a beautiful pif gift to receive. It is so special when someone sends you something like that. I only wish I knew how to make them myself so I can bless others with them!!

Hazel said...

Hi Carol - have mailed you.
x

Katrina said...

what nice gifts to receive Carol :) The Britty Kitty patterns are all so cute.

Sorry for your Mum's loss of her kitty - know exactly what you mean about an empty house :)

BeckySC said...

Great progress on HoHRH :) I am hanging my head in shame as I have lost interest in this one...maybe I will pick it up again before long.

Love the flatfod from Dawn :)
Enjoy!

Cathy B said...

Your HoHRH looks great. Nice PIF from Dawn - so appropriate for you!

Sorry to hear about Pookie.

Sharon said...

Your PIF gift is lovely. Sorry to hear of your Mom's cat-it's always terrible to lose a pet.