Friday, May 11, 2007

Off and Running

It was a gorgeous day here in New Hampshire, and with the day off, Mike and I went out and enjoyed it with a foray up to our capital, Concord. We did some shopping and went out to lunch. It was a nice leisurely day. Then tonight, I finally started my round robin for the Hello Neighbor RR (Group One). Our first mailing date is June 1st - had to get going! I am off and running now! It took me absolutely forever and some eye strain to grid out/baste my fabric.

My theme is for each stitcher to stitch a house that she would feel comfortable living in in my neighborhood. My only request is that nobody stitch a cartoony house. However, I know everyone in this group quite well, and I don't think any of the other 8 stitchers would even consider stitching a cartoony house - all of us have quite similar tastes. My fabric is Silkweaver 40 ct Sand Castle, and my blocks are 80 x 80 stitches. I chose The Stitching House by The Goode Huswife for my block (omitting the border and the top tree branches that are detached from trunks from the original chart) - I am excited, as this is one of my favorite charts by one of my favorite designers (I sure do miss The Goode Huswife).

I was going to start the Spring Ride SAL tonight, but my SAL mates prefer to stitch on Sundays, so I will start on Sunday too - which is very good, since it felt great to get this good start on my RR tonight!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for the wonderful comments of late on my WIPS and on the Freebie Gallery Blog - and I want to acknowledge the many new commenters who have been visiting my blog - it is so nice to meet you all!

Stitched on today: Started my Hello Neighbor RR (Group One)

18 comments:

Deb said...

Good for you, Carol! It's so good to see your Neighborhood up and running! I just received my handdyed fab. in the mail today and am starting my layout on Sunday, even if it IS Mother's Day! LOL Can't wait to send it out and to get started on yours??? Love your fabric and ideas.
Hugs, Deb

Unknown said...

You got a great start on this. I think the gridding always take a long time too.

Suzanne said...

that is beautiful fabric! Suz

Annemarie said...

Seeing your new neighbourhood makes me want to whip out my needles again. I'm dying to do a new one, but perhaps - like yours - with slightly smaller blocks. I think 80 x 80 is perfect! Such a lovely start...

ollie1976 said...

Looks like you are off and running on your RR!

Kajsa said...

Looks good!That fabric is really scrumptious.

Jenn said...

What pretty fabric your stitching your RR on! I'm glad to hear that you and Mike had a nice day yesterday.

Carla said...

the fabric you chose for your RR is very pretty!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your RR is looking great...that was one heck of a load of work you did gridding and getting all of that done! WOW! you rock!

Michelle said...

Great start! Gridding is my least favorite thing to do!

Dawn T. said...

Wonderful start on the RR, Carol:)

Have a wonderful weekend!

mainely stitching said...

Very nice start, Carol. Enjoy!

Margaret said...

Great start Carol. This looks like a lot of fun.
Sounds like you & DH had a fun day yesterday. Have a wonderful weekend.

BeckySC said...

Nice start, Carol. I look forward to watching this new NRR.

Katrina said...

It's so cute, love the idea!

Karin said...

It's a great start - I'll be sure and keep an eye on the neighbourhoods as they progress.

Jenna said...

Great start, Carol! Sounds like you and Mike had a lovely day together in Concord. :)

stitcherw said...

Great start on your RR. I've never grided fabric before, it does look like it would be tiring to your eyes. However, I can see where it would be needed to keep everything where it should be and give some nice counting points while the RR is being worked.
If I had a very large detailed pattern (like a HAED) I've thought it would come in handy before on one of those as well.
Sue