Saturday, July 28, 2007

Overwhelmed

I am now officially feeling overwhelmed by the generous outpouring from my dear stitching friends. I don't even know what to say, my chin keeps dropping to the floor. I say thank you to each of you... I am used to being a giver, and now it is time to receive a bit, and I just don't know how to handle the emotion. The mailman brought more lovely parcels today. Above is a parcel from Michelle :-) Michelle stitched this beautiful needleminder for me using a portion of Sarah Moon! Isn't it gorgeous?? She also sent me the PR fairy chart too! Thank you Michelle! I already have put this pretty needleminder to use - and thank you too for telling me how to use it - LOL!!
And, Kajsa sent me Beaded Rose, a Just Nan chartpack that I actually didn't already own! Yay! I love the design - thank you Kajsa!!! (The answer to the riddle on the card is... Mice Crispies!!) Cute!!
The outpouring of generosity surely did not stop there, as I also received this adorable little pillow stitched by Amy! I am just so impressed by this. For those who do not know Amy, she is only 8 years old. How cool is this? Thanks Amy - you are a little doll!
Today started off rainy and I figured this would be a wonderful day to get some real stitching time! But, the rain did not last long. After a brief thunderstorm, the skies cleared and the temps soared again. Off we went on errands and such... and stitching did not happen until this evening. But when it did, I was able to manage some decent time again on And A Forest Grew. I have now completed all of the full motifs in Section 10, and onward next week to Section 11!!
I will end with a cheerful daylily. This photo was taken in my garden earlier in the week. It is called Love Those Eyes.

Stitched on today: And A Forest Grew

24 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Carol, it's so wonderful to see you on the receiving end of everyone's generosity! You're such a huge part of the stitching community!!!

Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts! Michelle's needleminder is beautiful, such a clever idea and of course Amy's pincushion is so sweet :)

Lovely progress on AAFG - it's looking wonderful! Enjoy your extended birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all those gifts! Great progress on And a Forest Grew.

ollie1976 said...

It is so nice to see all the wonderful gifts that people have made for such a fantastic giver!
-Jen

Sherry said...

what beautiful gifts! enjoy them!

Jenn said...

What beautiful gifts you recieved!

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a wonderful mail day (again)!!

Your forest is looking lovely :)

stitcherw said...

You have received such beautiful presents over the last couple of days. Vonna's box, the needleminder, and all the various patterns and other items are all so lovely.

Your squre for An's RR is looking great, I really like the little bird. Also, congratulations on getting another page done on Forest. How many pages do you have left?

Cute picture of Angus yesterday, I'm so glad that he is still doing well.
Sue

Barbara J said...

Such lovely and thoughtful gifts! AAFG is looking mighty fine :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful needleminder. Amy's pincushion is adorable.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

More fantastic gifts. You must be having a lovely birthday:)

AAFG is looking great. Almost 3/4 done!

Anonymous said...

Carol,
I adore yopur flower pictures. Your stitchy gifts are great, you have such nice stitcher friends.

Brenda NC

Carla said...

wonderful birthday gifts Carol!!

Dawn T. said...

All the gifts are extremely lovely! You deserve each and everyone of them:) You are such a special person.

Hazel said...

Mmmmm maybe you're getting some of our rain lol! Adore those gifties... and that needleminder is so cool. Lucky lucky you. xx

Ranae said...

Ohhh! What wonderful gifts. You deserve them.

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday a little early. You are getting some great gifts. I know first hand how hard it is to accept gifts rather than be the giver. That is the way I felt on my birthday. When you figure out how to accept things let me know, because I need to learn that too.

Your forest is looking great.

Mary said...

Those are beautiful gifts. I just got Queen of the Fairies this week to and I can't wait to attempt it. Amy is a great stitcher for 8 years old. I just checked out her blog. You are a generous and wonderful person and a great stitcher too.

Karen en Marc said...

I love the cushion that Amy made, it's so sweet. What a nice thing to do.

Anonymous said...

You've received some lovely birthday gifts! Your WIPs and flower garden are looking fantastic! Happy Birthday!

claudia said...

What nice gifties! Everyone just loves what you do and you are so generous, it's nice that you are on the other end of the generousity!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you like the needleminder. It was a joy to stitch for you. Love the pincushion - what a cutie!

lena-lou said...

What a great run up to your birthday you are having...Lovely gifts again Carol the Needleminder is really nice :) Can't wait for Amy to see the pincushion on here she will be excited :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

So many awesome presents!