Monday, November 09, 2009

Christmas Ornament for Edgar

I was thrilled to get an email this evening from Edgar letting me know that the ornament I sent to him for the Christmas Ornament Swap somehow finally found its way to San Francisco today! The mail from me to Edgar is rarely more than two days - but this little guy took at least two weeks to arrive... but alas, after some panicking and a decision today to start stitching a new ornament for him (which will become a PIF really soon now for someone on my list!!), it did arrive! And as always, Edgar was so kind in his words to me about it :-)

Peace Angel Ornament
Prairie Schooler
32 ct White Belfast Linen, DMC Floss and RG Petite Treasure Braid


Whew, that is a relief! Now if the HoE beCause It's Pink Exchange I sent... um, three weeks ago??... to the UK would just arrive... all would be right in my swapping world again!!

Glad you like it Edgar - this design screamed out to me to stitch for you!

Stitching on: Finished my FTT Christmas Ornament Exchange today, now stitching on a PIF

13 comments:

LoriRay said...

Isn't that a pretty ornament? Metallics are a pain but so worth it. :) Glad it got there even though it took some extra time.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Glad that the ornament arrived safely, although late. I was sorry to read about Mike's Father, just know that you are in my thoughts ((((HUGS))))

Berit said...

I like the backstitched wings; would they count as blackwork?

Vaida said...

Wonderful ornament - I especially like the wings, and the ribbon you've chosen is just perfect

mainely stitching said...

It's gorgeous, Carol!!

WendyJo said...

A very pretty ornament Carol

Brigitte said...

It's such a pretty ornament.

ingrid said...

You always do such a beautiful job with finishing, and I really like the pattern choice. Is this from the Blackwork Angels pamphlet?

Karen said...

Love the ornament.

Sharon said...

Great ornament Carol!

Unknown said...

Love this ornament Carol and GOOD NEWS!!!

I got the beCAUSE it's Pink exchange through! (My postie kindly delivered it along with a stack of junk mail addressed to other people!)

Blogged here!!

Thank you so much for the package, the fob is so delicate and pretty and all the gifts are so lovely :) I'm sorry if you've been worried about it, I know I would at the thought of all that work to waste!!!

Andrea said...

A very pretty ornament for Edgar.

Dani said...

What a great ornament. I had a quick question (if you have the time) on your finish. How do you attach the ribbon to your pillow ornaments? Thanks!